I found a lot of my wordpress blogs were not in google (only showing the url and no description). Heres how to fix it login to admin panel and go to:
Settings > privacy >
and check ‘I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers’
August 17th, 2009
I just thought I would write a quick post on how to test which version of a page is best for your website. Basically you can use google website optimizer a program that lets you create 2 or more pages and test which one works best. You really need to have a goal in mind for the page.
July 17th, 2009
I found a good site that helps you decide which web host is the best. I personally use hostgator but this site lists the web hosts in an easy to read format with what you get from them.
Web Hosting Review
April 30th, 2009
- customer lists
- customer endorsements
- awards won
- independent reviews
- news clippings
- refund policies
- security icons
- trade body memberships
February 28th, 2009
“At the exact point when your customer has to start filling in a form with personal information, reassure the customer that privacy is sacred to you.” – Bryan & Jeff Eisenberg
“Online, things can live on forever, getting discovered by new audiences
years after they originally launched”
- PSFK, November 2006
“If Myspace were a country, it owuld be 10th biggest in the world, just behind Mexico” – Guardian, November 4, 2006
October 16th, 2008
Put this on your image tag oncontextmenu=”return false” to help stop people from stealing your images. For example: <img src=”/somdir/” oncontextmenu=”return false”>
August 9th, 2008
I updated my wordpress blog with fantastico and got loads of character set errors for example Ã‚
etc.. The way to get rid of them is to comment out these lines in your wp-config.php file which should
be in your home directory of your blog.
June 18th, 2008
Open coffee is a site that will allow you to meet up with other entrepreneurs in your area http://opencoffee.ning.com/. The problem for me is that the place I live is not a major city therefore it’s difficult to find anyone to meet up with. If you live in one of the big cities around the world it’ll be good for you
March 30th, 2008
Currently I work full time 37+ hours a week in a computing job and also run a business part time making websites. So what are the pros and cons of working in this way?
- You get a regular salary from your job
- You can re-invest anything you make from your business as you don’t need to live off the profits
- You get pensions (if your employer pays into them) etc but really these aren’t really worth much unless you work for a long time (30+ years or something).
- Sick pay – if your sick you get paid from work
- You’re not solely reliant on your job for income.
- In your business you control everything
- What you learn at work can help your business and vice versa.
- Not much spare time. Currently I get up at 6:50 am, go to work then finish work at around 5 o’clock. It takes me an hour to travel home. I grab something to eat then work for a few hours on my sites. On weekends I tend to work on my sites as well. This leaves me pretty tired.
- Not enough time to spend on your business. It’s hard to compete with other full time businesses when you are only working part time.
- Stress – you get it from work and also when you go home from your business for example the other week I found that all my servers were down and I needed to sort it out as soon as I got home even though I’d had a tough day at work.
- At work you tend to be a small part of everything
In summary I think that this is the best way to grow your business until it’s at a point where you’re making more than your full time job and need to quit it to grow your business further.
February 3rd, 2008
In the work environment and at home a lot of people give little thought to their keyboard and mouse even though they use them most of the time. Most people buy a cheap keyboard and mouse for around £10-£15($20-$30) or just keep the one supplied with the computer.
This seems a bit stupid if you work on the computer doing coding/graphic or web work because a good keyboard and mouse can save you a lot of time and also increase your comfort levels.
The mouse that I use is the Logitech Mx Revolution, it has a scrolling feature that makes going through forums and through pages very easy it also has a search button that makes it quick to search for something, just highlight the text and click the search button.Â It also has a document flip button and that easily helps you to flip through open programs. It also has backwards and forward buttons. The Logitech keyboard I use saves me a lot of time it has zoom in and out buttons vol and media player control and also programmable keys. See the links below:
December 31st, 2007